The America250 Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a legally supporting nonprofit organization of the U.S. Semiquincentennial Commission (“the Commission”). The words “America250” refer to the activities of both of these entities. America250.org is the website of the Foundation supporting the activities, vision, aspirational goals, and values of the Commission. Our objectives are clearly stated on our website at: https://www.america250.org/about/our-vision
- The Foundation is the sole and exclusive owner of the recovered video coverage.
- The Foundation reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
- Except as expressly permitted herein, you may not copy download, stream, capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, frame or deep-link, make available or otherwise, the America250 Foundation videos.
Where no license is required – Non-Commercial Use
General – America250 seeks to provide for the broadest screening of our videos, especially for educational use, and therefore, in most instances no license shall be required.
Public Activities of the U.S. Semiquincentennial Commission –
Any of America250 recorded video coverage of the Federal government’s public events of the Commission, posted on the America250.org website, and other events on-line for non-commercial purpose of the Foundation or the Commission shall not require a license. However, American250 should be attributed as the source of the video. Keeping the logo (the “bug”) of “America250” on the screen in the lower right corner of the video during the non-commercial use of America250 activities shall constitute sufficient attribution under the America250.org policies.
Commission events, may include, but are not limited to:
- Public Meetings of the Commission
- Public Hearings Sponsored by the Commission
- Public News Conferences of the Commission
- Commission-sponsored Panel Discussions and Other Activities
Foundation events, may include, but are not limited to:
- Panel Discussions and Listening Sessions
- Any America250 sponsored event that is posted on the America250.org website.
So long as it is non-commercial use, and consistent with the purpose, themes, guidelines, and values--collectively the Commission's Visionary Framework, as defined on the America250.org website and the Commission’s report to the President of the United States, videos can be rebroadcast by such entities and individuals, including, but not limited to:
- Other 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization
- 501(c)(6) trade associations
- Other nonprofit and foundations as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, including libraries and museums.
- Federal and State Government Entities, including all ex-officio members of the U.S. Semiquincentennial Commission.
- Education institutions, including elementary, middle school, secondary, colleges and universities.
- All Commissioners of the Commission, Board of Directors of the Foundation, and members of America250 Task Forces, and Special and Ad Hoc Committees.
When a License is Required – Commercial Use
General – Reflecting the activities, vision, aspiration goals, and values of America250, a license shall be required for commercial use of America250.org videos. Such examples, may include, but are not limited to:
- Documentaries, films or television programs
- Distribution by broadcast, cable or satellite
- Any commercial use that relies substantially on America250 videos to generate revenue.
- Any other use that may provide value to the organization’s using an America250 video.
- Simultaneous streaming or retransmission of the America250 coverage of any event which is not in the public domain.
Limited Licenses for Individuals not affiliated with America250 – This license is for persons (not organizations) that wish to post an entire America250 video on their own websites. A posting is permitted for one-year on a single Uniform Resource Locator (URL – the web address). Each video program is licensed for one year, and can be renewed through a new request. The video can be streamed only from the America250.org website, and not downloaded. The fee is $150 per video.
General Licenses for Corporations not affiliated with the America250 Foundation – America250 has National Corporate Partners and other business affiliates associated with our activities. For corporate opportunities for commercial use, please contact America250.
Special Newscast License
America250.org will provide videos to media organizations in order to excerpt short “clips” for their newscast. These videos must attribute America250 as the source of video, by the appearance of the logo (the “bug”) of America250 on the screen in the lower right corner of the video. Under the copyright laws, limited fair use shall be permitted.
Contact information – All inquiries for licensing opportunities for commercial use can be made online by contacting info@America250.org or by calling 202-831-1776.
Updated March 1, 2021